Middleton COVID-19 Resources
Here is a list of resources to follow to help Middleton businesses and residents through this crisis:
- See important local health information that’s updated daily.
- View the latest information on city services.
- Links to City of Middleton press releases about updates and closures.
- Obtain updated business relief information.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA), in consultation with the Department of the Treasury, released the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application and detailed instructions for the application. Click on the link to view the full release and download the application.
- See a listing of businesses open with modified services during the crisis.
- Use to make donations to those impacted by COVID-19.
- Find strategies and resources for small businesses.
- How to distinguish between rumors and facts.
- State park fees waived.
- Tips to help foodservice operators.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued this fact sheet to help small businesses and self-employed individuals prepare to file for a loan.
- The National Restaurant Association has prepared a “Blueprint for Recovery” that outlines how Congress can improve the industry’s chances for survival. Centered around a $240 billion Restaurant and Foodservice Industry Recovery Fund, this plan would provide dedicated government funding, tax credits, and much more to help restaurants prepare for current and future challenges as they recover over the long-term. (4/24/20)
- Dane County will increase funding for its Small Business Pandemic Support Grant Program to $10.8 million following overwhelming community interest. The grant program was originally announced April 1 and began with $250,000, before later increasing to $800,000. Dane County is now adding an additional $10 million – for a total of $10.8 million available through this grant program to support small businesses throughout Dane County with employee retention and to mitigate losses from the COVID-19 pandemic. To view the press release, click here. (5/5/2020)
- WEDC has compiled a series of industry-specific documents to help you get back to business while taking the necessary precautions to maximize safety. See the guidelines here. (5/8/2020)
COVID-19 paid leave tax credits for small and midsize businesses
IRS details which employers are entitled to credits for employee retention as well as paid sick and family leave. Click here.
Additionally, free online advice is available for business owners from the Madison Chamber of Commerce. See an online chat here.