H.G. Wolf House

The Wolf House was built in1868 as a private residence for Henry G. Wolf, and was one of the few downtown Middleton buildings that survived the Middleton Fire of 1900. The fire destroyed most of the neighboring buildings, but the family was able to save the house by ripping out the home’s carpeting, and laying it on the roof and wetting it down using buckets of water from a yard hand pump.

The house is a designated Century Home, with the property under Wolf family ownership for over 100 years.

Not open to the public.