Visit Middleton’s Depot

The Middleton Visitor Center, at 1811 Parmenter Street, is a great place to stop to pick up some maps and brochures, check out the list of trolley stops and ask the tourism folks where the best spot in town for dinner is.

But it’s also a historic train depot, built in 1895. It served as an active passenger station until 1960 and a freight depot until 1975. The building, now on the National Register of Historic Places, is beautifully refurbished and home to the Middleton Visitors Center and Middleton Tourism offices, as well as a small curation of historic artifacts provided by the Middleton Area Historical Society.

Can’t get enough history? Check out the Middleton Historical Museum, just a short walk from the depot.


Related Articles