Summer is here and if you’re like most folks, you’re looking for ways to stay cool. Middleton has tons of great options.
- Splash Pad in Lakeview Park – Cool down at this fun, outdoor water playground! It’s free, fully accessible and very safe for all ages. Open 9am to 7pm every day until Labor Day.
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy – Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride through Middleton’s shady conservancy. Feel the breeze from the ponds, wetlands and waterways as you experience this pristine, natural gem.
- Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center – This one is a no-brainer. The eight-lane pool, diving well and two 134-foot waterslides are sure to help your family beat the heat. There’s also water play equipment and a sand playground. Open swim starts at 1:30pm on weekdays and 1pm on the weekends.
- Capitol Ice – Ice skating’s not just for winter in Middleton! You’re sure to get a chill during the Friday night summer open skate sessions. Admission is $5 plus $2 if you need to rent skates.
- Middleton Sport Bowl – Ice cold air conditioning awaits you at Middleton Sport Bowl. Plenty of TVs, great food and daily open bowling makes for an affordable and fun summer afternoon. They even have $1 bowling and shoe rental specials on weeknights!
- PlayN Wisconsin – Tired of the playground slides scorching the backs of your kids’ legs? Come to PlayN Wisconsin, a year-round indoor recreation facility full of cool-to-the-touch slides, swing sets, basketball hoops and trampolines. Weekday open play (Monday-Thursday) is just $7 per child.