Summer is here and if you’re like most folks, you’re looking for ways to stay cool. Middleton has tons of great options.
- Splash Pad in Lakeview Park – Cool down at this fun, outdoor water playground! It’s free, fully accessible and very safe for all ages. Open 9am to 7pm every day until Labor Day. The Splash Pad is normally open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, from Memorial Day through Labor Day — unfortunately, due to COVID-19, the City of Middleton has decided not to reopen the splash pad for summer 2020.
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy – Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride through Middleton’s shady conservancy. Feel the breeze from the ponds, wetlands and waterways as you experience this pristine, natural gem.
- Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center – This one is a no-brainer. The eight-lane pool, diving well and two 134-foot waterslides are sure to help your family beat the heat. There’s also water play equipment and a sand playground. Open swim starts at 1:30pm on weekdays and 1pm on the weekends.
- Capitol Ice – Ice skating’s not just for winter in Middleton! You’re sure to get a chill during the Friday night summer open skate sessions. Admission is $5 plus $2 if you need to rent skates.
- Middleton Sport Bowl – Ice cold air conditioning awaits you at Middleton Sport Bowl. Plenty of TVs, great food and daily open bowling makes for an affordable and fun summer afternoon. They even have $1 bowling and shoe rental specials on weeknights!
- PlayN Wisconsin – Tired of the playground slides scorching the backs of your kids’ legs? Come to PlayN Wisconsin, a year-round indoor recreation facility full of cool-to-the-touch slides, swing sets, basketball hoops and trampolines. Weekday open play (Monday-Thursday) is just $7 per child.