Welcome to Middleton
Here, the little things like a hot cup of coffee, an afternoon with friends, and a sunset by the water add up to one perfect visit. Experience it for yourself.
You’ll need a permit if your event: takes place on public property with 200 or more individuals taking part, and/or if your event involves use of public streets or closure of public trails.
“Public property” means streets, sidewalks, parkways, highways, roads, boulevards, avenues, alleys, plazas, parks, conservancies, medians, and any and all spaces dedicated to the public use or used in any way by the city for the benefit of the public.
You are not required to have a permit if:
- There are less than 200 participants and the event does not use public streets or close public trails.
- The event takes place entirely on state, county, school district, or private property.
- It is a sporting event taking place on property equipped with facilities designed for the purpose of accommodating such events.
- The event is a funeral procession.
- An alcohol license is issued covering the entire premises on which the event is to be held.
- The event is organized, sponsored, or directed by the city of Middleton.