The Weinberg Building, named after the original owner Charles Weinberg, was built in the spring of 1868. Throughout the years, this building has served Middleton with many ‘first’ stores, including Middleton’s first Post Office, first telephone office, first library, and first beauty shop. The building has also housed numerous commercial businesses such as a mortuary, an ice cream shop, a bakery, a general store, and a restaurant. Today houses popular restaurant Villa Dolce.