Little White Church on the Hill


Built by German Methodists and Baptists in 1870 at a cost of $1,800, this building is the oldest church building still standing in the City of Middleton. The building was the original home of Union Church, where the “Union” Sunday school was in continuous service from 1877 to 1926. The structure later became the Community Church from 1936 to 1956.  It was then used by the Cardinal Roost Youth Center.

In 1964, the building was bought by Post No. 275 of the American Legion, and utilized as a meeting hall. Most recently, the building has become a two-family residence.

Not open to the public.