Middleton is the perfect place to take in the fall colors on two wheels. The community is home to an award-winning, tree-lined trail system, and its hotels all are located on biking routes and trails. There are plenty of bike racks near shops and restaurants and downtown Madison is an easy 30-minute ride, via pleasant local streets and paved bike paths. Here are some more reasons why Middleton is a great place for a fall ride.
- Looking for a fall road ride with some company? Regular group rides depart Capital Brewery. The rides take place weekday evenings and include options for riders of all abilities. The rides range from 5 to 25 miles.
- Seeking thrills? Some of the best off-road riding around can be found at the Middleton Bike Park. You’ll find some fantastic, challenging riding, including a pump track, jump line and a single-track loop, all surrounded by beautiful trees.
- Taking the kids along? Riders of all ages will appreciate Middleton’s smooth paved paths. The terrain is gentle and the trailside fall scenery is unforgettable.
- Looking for scenic views and fall leaves? Pheasant Branch Conservancy has many bike-friendly paths. Click here for several map options.
- Does a good ride for you involve coffee? Riders who like to navigate town by bike will find a lot to love about Middleton, including warm fall lattes from Barriques and Hubbard Avenue Diner (all downtown), or Prairie Cafe & Bakery, Starbucks and Scooter’s Coffee. Off street trails are located throughout the city.