- This event has passed.
National Trails Day – A Celebration of the Outdoors
June 4 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Come join the Friends of Pheasant Branch Conservancy, City of Middleton Parks & Recreation and Dane County Parks and celebrate National Trails Day, from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, June 4, Orchid Heights Park, Middleton, and Pheasant Branch Conservancy.
This is a community-wide, all inclusive, family event on the trails and throughout the open lands of the Pheasant Branch Conservancy. There will be many activities and presentations to participate in for all ages and abilities over a three-hour time period. There are also outdoor wheelchairs available for check out at Orchid Heights Park, click here.
- Nature Walks (short and long)
- Nature Scavenger Hunts
- Madison Reading Project (free nature books; ice cream)
- Information displays and learning stations
- Demonstrations and use of all-terrain wheelchairs
- Program at the underground springs
- Program at the homestead site
- Music therapy
- Nature writing sessions
- Forest bathing experience
- Kite flying demonstrations
Click here for the National Trails Day Facebook event page.