The Club Tavern’s history goes back to the mid-nineteenth century, when the original piece of land was purchased from the Winnebago Indians. First came a rooming house and stables, then in the 1880s, Ye Olde Tavern and finally, in 1921 it became the Club Tavern we know today.
Refusing to shutter during Prohibition, Club Tavern has been providing first-rate service and high-quality food for decades. Part of the Middleton social scene since its inception, they still bring in live bands to entertain patrons every Saturday night.
Since James and Sandy Werner purchased the business in 1981, they’ve tripled the bar size while still holding true to the original principals of fine dining and outstanding hospitality.
For more information on Club Tavern, click here.