Looking to cool down with something sweet? Here are just a few places in Middleton where you can stop in for a satisfying cold treat — enjoy the air conditioning or take it to go!
- Chocolate Shoppe: This Madison-area ice cream shop has a “serious” following. You’ll see why when you order a flavor with that word in the name.
- Cold Stone Creamery: Is there anything better than fresh ice cream with your choice of toppings hand-mixed on a frozen granite stone? You’d better stop by to find out.
- Culver’s: This Wisconsin-based restaurant chain serves some pretty great food, but the real star is the custard. They offer a different tasty flavor every day—find the “flavor of the day” listed on their website. Whatever it is will be delicious.
- Hubbard Avenue Diner: This classic-style diner has fresh treats on the menu, from ice cream sundaes like the Turtle Sundae (fudge, caramel, pecans and real whipped cream) to the Grasshopper (mint brownie with chocolate mint ice cream), and don’t forget about ice cream cones, shakes, malts and floats!
- Villa Dolce: Take time to savor the artisan house-made gelato at this popular pizzeria and gelateria, located in downtown Middleton. Delizioso!