Looking for ways to stay cool during the dog days of summer? Check out this list.
- Splash Pad at Lakeview Park – Cool down at this fun, outdoor water playground! It’s free, fully accessible and safe for all ages. Open 9am to 7pm every day until Labor Day. For more information, click here.
- Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center – Beat the heat in the eight-lane pool, diving well and two 134-foot waterslides. There’s also water play equipment and a sand playground. Open swim starts at 1:30pm on weekdays and 1pm on the weekends. For more information, click here.
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy – Take a leisurely stroll or bike ride through Middleton’s shady conservancy. Feel the breeze from the ponds, wetlands and waterways as you experience this pristine, natural gem.
- I’M BOARD! Games – This premier game store is air conditioned with its own free-to-use game center, so you can bring your friends, grab a game from their selection, sit down and start playing. You’ll only break a sweat from all that strategizing.
- Cold Stone Creamery/Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – Nothing cools you down like a cold treat. At Cold Stone Creamery you can choose from 20 signature combinations of smooth, creamy ice cream and sweet toppings, or create your own, all mixed on a frozen granite stone. At Menchie’s, you pick your fro-yo (or sorbet) flavor, including sugar-free, non-fat and low-carb versions, then pile on the toppings of your choice – everything from fresh fruit to chocolate fudge and candy galore.