Middleton is the perfect place for your events or a celebration. The City of Middleton is proud to have our residents and visitors host a multitude of events in our community in order to improve the quality of life and contribute to the economic vitality of the City. Some of these events include runs, walks, triathlons, festivals and parades.
Through our one stop permitting process, an event organizer can work with the Event Coordinator Liaison to plan all aspects of their event that relate to the use of public property.
From this page you’ll find the information, application and requirements on how to make this a smooth process.
What is a Special Event?
A special event takes place on public property with 200 or more individuals taking part or attending. Also, any event involving the use of public streets or closure of public trails is considered a special event.
“Public Property” means streets, sidewalks, parkways, highways, roads, boulevards, avenues, alleys, plazas, parks, conservancies, medians, and any and all spaces dedicated to the public use or used in any way by the City for the benefit of the public.
When is a Special Event Application NOT required?
- There are less than 200 participants and the event does not use public streets or close public trails.
- The event is to take place entirely on State, County, School District, or private property.
- The event is sporting event that is to take place on property equipped with facilities designed for the purpose of accommodating such events.
- The event is a funeral procession.
- An alcohol license is issued covering the entire premises upon which the event is to be held.
- The event is organized, sponsored, or directed by the City of Middleton.
How Do I Apply?
Learn about Special Event Insurance Requirements.
Download the Special Events Permit Application Form.
The Special Events Coordinator Liaison can answer questions and guide you through the application process.
Robin Higgins, Event Coordinator Liaison
Middleton Tourism Commission
1811 Parmenter St
Middleton, WI 53562
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm
Already hosted your event? Fill out the Special Event Survey.